Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still here...!

That's right, I'm still here -- Mason is still in the oven and we're still trying different things to get him out! We're hiking, walking curbs, eating pineapple & eggplant parmesean, bouncing on balls, etc. Haven't heard of walking curbs? Neither had we! But, it seems to be a popular suggestion so Mom has had me walking up and down any curb she can find! As if a 40.5 week pregnant woman doesn't look awkward on her own, you should see me waddling on a curb! See picture below.



My next doctors appointment is tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see where that takes us. I believe I'll be scheduling the induction then and perhaps letting the the doc work a little magic to encourage my body to go into labor... :) Heres to hoping! Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of me in a labor and delivery room Monday... when we thought I was going to be induced! I guess Mason had other plans!



On the bright side, the extra time has allowed us to get a lot of things done -- thanks to Mom and friends, the nursery decor is coming together! Mom has had a flow of creative ideas and everyone has really come together to help out (including Matthew, who I think was tickled to have 'art and craft' time). We even have a Mason jar being imported from Tennessee via Dad to make a clever lamp for the room! Not only have we been working on the decorations, but nursing covers have also been in production... aka "hooter hiders". Go ahead - laugh!, everyone does when they hear the name! Although not necessary, they are a clever invention that makes nursing perhaps a little easier? When Mom saw them in a craft store she couldn't believe the price tag considering the construction and quickly said, "I can make that!" And wala, the tata tents/boobie bonnets/insert your own clever name, were made! She'll be accepting orders for Christmas. :)

8 comments:

betsey said...

Seriously Jordan! I'm on pins and needles over here waiting for Mason! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the methods you have employed for Mason to arrive. Have you tried castor oil? I was never brave enough for that...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

(This is Betsey Gimbel Hawkins by the way :)...I don't think I've commented on your blog before, sorry :)...)

Maranda said...

Oh I love it, you and your mom are so cute and crafty. I'm still waiting for a picture of Mason's room though! I've heard you talk about it so much, I really want to see how it all turned out!

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to borrow a scooter and ride up and down the railroad tracks! And you seriously do not look 40 weeks! Post some pictures of your finished nursery!

~Michelle Roper

X said...

haha, I'm totally going to try walking some curbs! I hope little Mason comes soon and you don't have to wait much longer!

Mandy said...

I'm glad to know you're still alive- and I'm laughing because I made hooter hiders today and I was going to make you one too... :) You beat me to it!

Megan said...

Just so you know...hooter hiders are the best. My sister-in-law made me one for Lacey and they are awesome. I have used it so much...I hope things go well and Mason comes really really soon...you are still glowing and look beautiful.

Dodie and Elmer said...

Jordan! Have you tried bribing him yet? I offered our little guy $500 to hurry up. Unfortunately it didn't work and he was 6 days late. It is worth a try! We can't wait to see pictures! Best of luck!

Dodie

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bisnis-yang-laku-setiap-hari