Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sweet Pioneer Day!

Since we currently live in the lovely state of Utah, we get a perk that comes with it -- a state holiday - Pioneer Day! The LDS Pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847 - and as I was lounging in the pool this hot Pioneer day, I was grateful I wasn't a pioneer who came across the plains and mountains! Brutal... I can't imagine it.

We didn't waste any time enjoying Matt's day off of work!! We went for a walk around the neighborhood in the morning, to the pool at midday, and for a 10 MILE bike ride in the afternoon! We topped the day off with ice cream and hot dogs on the grill.

Back to that bike ride.



Did I mention I hadn't been on a bike in 6 years? And that was only one time I was on a bike when I was 19 - before that I hadn't been on one since I was 15. Not sure about Matt... but I'm sure it'd been a good amount of years for him as well. Well, we inherited two bikes from Matt's parents (WAHOO!) -- they are moving back to TN (boo) and we managed to come away from their house like bank robbers :) (thanks you two!) So, we promptly decided we needed some apparatus for Mase and we'd be on our way. A really cool front-mounting seat and a helmet later, we were on our way! It was sooooo fun! Obviously it was, since we couldn't seem to stop ourselves as the miles ticked by. Mason really enjoyed it too and I think all the people we passed loved Mason as well ("awwwww!"). An even better indicator that we loved it: we hopped back on the next day and went another 8 miles. hahaaha We're biking fools!


3 comments:

faith said...

good for you guys! sounds like a lot of fun.

Kristen said...

yay for the free t-shirt from the admissions office!

Petersen Palace said...

cuuuuuuuuuttttteeeeee!!!!!! Oh his smile is to die for!