
Anyone who knows me knows that when I love a 'product' I will tell all about it to any and all who will listen (or pretend to). So, what better audience than the one on blogger? From now on I plan on throwing a "stuff I enjoy" post in here and there as I think of it... because, hey, why not?
Here we go !
Here are a few websites/online services I currently enjoy:
- Google Reader: I love blogs and I love keeping up with blogs (friends, family, and a few strangers), but don't like the time blogs can absorb! Here is where Google Reader steps in to help you out - it brings all those blog updates to you in one neat, tidy package and saves you eons of time. If you haven't tried it yet, check it out - you won't be sorry.
- Online journal services: I use LDSJournal.com, but I am sure there are several sites that work the same. It is a free service where I can record my journal entries anywhere I can access the Internet. Lets face it, I can type a lot faster than I can write - not to mention be much more legible and not end up with a cramp in my hand. Although I haven't done it yet, I also understand that you can have the journal printed into a book when you wish. I also appreciate their email reminders they send when I haven't written in a few days!
- Goodreads.com: I am not a 'grab any book and read it' type of gal, - yes, my obsession with 'customer reviews' even extends into my book selections. With Goodreads I can create a 'to-read' list from books my friends and their friends have read and rated and leave my own ratings and thoughts. It is like one giant book club! Fun!
- Readthescriptures.com: one of my friends blogged about this and hooked me in. This is once again another free service where I can set up my reading schedule and it automatically sends me my daily reading via email. It is geared towards the LDS community - offering Sunday School lessons, seminary lessons, RS/Priesthood lessons,etc. - but if that isn't your fancy, it obviously carries the entire set of Scriptures - including The Bible (KJV). Although I do recommend checking out the Book of Mormon :)
- AllRecipes.com: tying back into my obsession with user reviews, this sight allows me to find those 4-5 star recipes that are bound to be winners. For this reason, I have a hard time using any cookbooks anymore... I mean, where are the reviews?? Technology has spoiled me.
- A little more love to Google: I think they might take over the world, one app at a time. I love Gmail and its simplicity, I love Google Calendar and how I can have several calendars all in one, Google Documents that allows me to create and store docs online, and I love Google Homepage that showcases all my google-must-haves. Streamline: check!
- Some others I'd like to check out: RemembertheMilk.com, Wishpot, SparkPeople.com, Pear Budget,...
I am going to wrap this up, mostly bc I want to do a few other things while Mason naps!
I'd love to hear from you! What websites/services do you enjoy?
3 comments:
jordyn, you crack me up! i have said forever that google is taking over the world. it is so true. and i'm not entirely sure it's a bad thing. definitely love google reader. probably my favorite. i must say, too that i love that gchat now has video capabilities. i need to talk to my mom for work a lot and often i get to do a quick video with her because she's online often. it's great!
I give a 100% recommendation to Mint.com. It is a free budgeting website that is just fantastic. It has really helped us keep on track with our budget.
I also agree with 100% of the sites that you profiled. Excellent sites, you have good taste Jordan :)
I'm hooked on readthescriptures.com. I think HF made this possible so I wouldn't have an excuse not to read my scriptures. I love it!!!
Post a Comment