Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year... a new location!


As of late (mostly for my own record... sorry about the 'picturelessness')...

Matt is eagerly job searching and we’re hopeful that something will come through soon. He has been calling, dropping by, emailing, and faxing anyone and everyone in the area that he can find. He has had a few interviews and anticipates more, so we’re playing the waiting game. We are looking forward to finding a job, finding a home, and getting settled into our ‘new’ life here.

In the meanwhile, my parents are graciously letting us rent from them and it has been a blast to be with “Mimi and Pop Pop”! I am certain Mason is going to think things are pretty lame when we’re in our own place and these fun, goofy grandparents aren’t around all the time. On top of that, my Gram is also here on an extended stay from Christmas – talk about people to play with and be entertained by! After being in Utah away from much of our family for so many years, it has been wonderful to be together with so many loved ones. Mason is also LOVING all the animals here (horses, chickens, pig, dogs, etc) and has a special affection for Kevin Bacon, aka Mr. Piggy. Hopefully he isn’t too attached, since Kevin will become bacon before too long. Yikes.

We are FINALLY getting healthy. Lincoln has been sick since Dec 5th… meaning, he has slept through the night approximately 4-5 nights in the last 35 days. Mind you, he never slept through the night until being weaned Thanksgiving weekend, but man, once you get there, it is HARD to go back! Thankfully he is recovering and slept through again last night. (I am considering keeping him in a bubble for a while to avoid more sickness…?) Mason also got sick at the beginning of Dec (Dec 6th) and just got better a few days ago. It wasn’t the same illness the whole time, just one after another as we moved and traveled and got exhausted through the holidays. Matt and I also got part of it right around Christmas and it took quite some time to get better… must have been some super virus! I think I’ll be pumping us full of vitamins and wiping everything with a Clorox wipe. Here is to being healthy in 2011!

Well, there you have it, our nutshell update. I am a bit slow on blogging due to dial-up internet at the house... so McDonald's wifi is currently buddy...but, McDonald's is about 15 minutes away, so it isn't a regular activity. 'Tis a change of pace :)

We hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years and that you are looking forward to a healthy and happy 2011!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your such a devoted blogger, going to McDonalds to blog! I am so glad you did it too! I am so glad you guys are doing well in TN! And I so hope that Matt finds a job soon. Good Luck to you guys!

Your kids keep getting cuter every day! So Cute.

Ellie said...

You're alive!!