
Our Beta fish passed away today. I can't recall just how long we'd had him, but it had been years for sure (since 2005? 2006?). He was from our original aquarium group - the one we had in Wymount housing 'illegally' and thus had to hide. Good times! His friends (a few tropical fish) found other homes this summer when my nesting madness prompted me to get rid of the acquarium. A nice woman responded to my Craigslist posting within 30 minutes and the fish were gone within 2 hours - how about that for speedy? At that point he moved into his own little easy-to-maintain bowl. He had been struggling to live for the past few days now and finally gave up the fight this afternoon. Probably contrary to what my Mom would say, I am sure he just died of old age. When she was here the week before Mason was born it would be 50 something degrees in the house in the morning bc I would sleep with the windows open... one morning she looked at me and pointed at the fish and said, concerned, 'you do know he is a tropical fish right?' He handled my temperature extremes well :). Anyway, I'm sure we'll be buying another one when we return from Christmas... no home is complete without a fish!
2 comments:
Aww, I've been thinking about getting a fishy for the preschool kids, maybe we should pick out some sibling fish together and they can have play dates. :)
Oh sad. I had a Beta fish once too. He died after about 2 years, but I'm pretty sure that's b/c I bought him some friends, and then they died, and I didn't clean the bowl for a few days. I think I poisoned him. Oops! RIP Fishy!
Post a Comment