Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tooele: A. Too-ellie B. Tool or C. Too-illa?


If you guessed C, you are correct!
As it just so happens, I (Jordyn - in case you haven't already guessed) had the chance to visit Tooele, Utah (located in the middle of nowhere) just the other night. By a stroke of luck, a good friend ended up in this place of grandeur for the local County Fair! Although Matt had to bail on me the day before the event, the trip was a smashing success with Mandy as we took our own "Thelma and Louise" trip!

The whole excursion came to be because of Jason, a fellow Dickson-ite who I grew up with (or rather, who picked on me and Erin [his sister] ) who now works as the Merchandise Manager for Craig Morgan. If you don't know who he is, you should check him out!

Thanks to Jason, not only did we get in free, but we got to 'meet & greet' with Craig! We felt pretty awkward at first, considering neither one of us had a poster of Craig hanging in our bedrooms, but all went well (kind of - read below).

Needless to say, with the aroma of beer, funnel cakes, and sweat abounding, good company, and a great location, I couldn't have asked for a better night!





Right: A rather adorable puppy who was in line with us! Definitely worthy of being blogged :)













Left:Mandy anxiously awaiting meeting Craig... notice the girl with the crown on...








Our Claim To Fame!
*Good story: Craig is from my hometown, so when I walked up to take the picture, I thought it'd be nice to tell him we had something in common. Well, I guess I approached it the wrong way because as I began by saying "you're from Dickson, right?" I instantly felt him tense up as he slowly said "yeah" in a clipped sort of way - meaning, "ok stalker, you better not go any further with this". Well, I quickly said "so am I!" to which he said "no you're not" and so I came again "uh, yeah, I am - Dickson County" and as he looks to his man who is taking the picture and sees him shaking his head in confirmation (he knew we were there as friend's of Jason) Craig suddenly relaxes and gets excited about the news. Whew! - for a second I thought some body guard was going to haul me off...


Below: Every town should have a McDonald's accessible for all...



Below: My brotha from another motha who made this trip come to pass :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm going down the street in my PPPP-Plower chuggalugaluging 5 mph. You know you want to sing! Maybe Matt will grab your butt while you sing to me-

Andrew said...

One more thing- we changed our blog address to andrewANDmandybaron.blogspot.com instead of andrewmandybaron.blogspot.com